Suggestions for my first SUP

Tout pour bien débuter / All you need for your first steps.
fabdimo

Suggestions for my first SUP

Message par fabdimo » mer. févr. 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi,

I would like to buy my first SUP and I would like some support from the expert. I can’t decide between CM 10 – 10.6 -10.9.
I weight 75-78 kg I am a sailor ex windsurfer (15 yrs) and now kiter (surf and Hydrofoil). I would like to use the SUP when wind is too low to kite, mainly on flat water sometimes during summer to bring my son (25 kg) around.
On the beginning I convinced my self to buy 10.9 but maybe I can do the same things with 10 and with the shorter SUP I can also try to catch some small wave.
What do you suggest me?

Fabrizio

Luca Rua

Re: Suggestions for my first SUP

Message par Luca Rua » mer. févr. 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello Fabrizio,

for your program the 10'9 it would be the best option. It is large to keep you stable also together with your son. Moreover you will be able to enjoy cruising in flat or open water thanks to its good length and it would be possible also to catch small waves with ease.
// GONG STAFF //

fabdimo

Message par fabdimo » jeu. févr. 21, 2019 2:24 pm

With one of shorter CM 10 or 10.6 I assume that I will lose some stability and I will have more agility on the waves , But in flat water I will have some benefits using a smaller SUP?

Regards

Fabrizio

JGONG

Message par JGONG » jeu. févr. 21, 2019 3:30 pm

fabdimo a écrit :With one of shorter CM 10 or 10.6 I assume that I will lose some stability and I will have more agility on the waves , But in flat water I will have some benefits using a smaller SUP?

Regards

Fabrizio

Hello Fabrizio,

A smaller SUP will be a bit more agile in the waves and for manoeuvring. But if you have a child on there with you you'll lose some stability points. I totally agree with Luca, the 10'9 is the best compromise for a child on board...... safety first!

Thanks
Jeff Spicoli : All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore : Charlie don't Surf............

Shane Dorian : I Surf to get a Tan.....

World Master of Customer Service in the GONG GALAXY..

Répondre

Revenir à « SUP : Premiers pas / First steps »