Site Admin

Re: Tout savoir sur les Freak XTR, PRO et SP PRO

Message par Ours » sam. oct. 13, 2018 10:55 am

phpBB [video]
GONG owner and shaper

giacomo

Message par giacomo » dim. févr. 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Little update of my beautiful Freak sp (the limited edition with vectored nose) 120l.
So, after some months of testing I finally can declare that this board is a MAGIKKK board!!!!
For example this morning (1 to 2m wave, medium/high period (for italy), little wind on shore, reef break, setup trhuster 4 1/2, Gong carbon 100%) the Freak shines in days like this:
the take off is really a formality, it start from so very long, you just have to pay attention with the nose when the waves are so steep.
Once in the wave is a festival! the board is fast, fast fast fast!!! really faster compared to my old freak pro sp (110l 70cm wide). It's faster also compared to other shortsup brand boards. Maybe due to his narrow the board seem to fly :o :o :o Is amazing for a longsup!
rail to rail are really natural and when the wave is strong, the board push you to walk towards the nose.
The freak with trhuster setup turn almost as a shortboard! it's amazing. it just need to put your rear foot in the tail pad and the board go crazy.
I know, I seem exaggerated but is the true. I had a lot of Gong boards, and I found this Freak really fast, like a Zero.
if I had to make a comparison I would say that the Freak sp is the Fatal for the longsup line :)
the only negative note is that after 2 hours I feel little bit tired :oops: :lol: maybe due to my very bad fit but also to the sp line that always pushes you to the maximum. do not misunderstand me, I find the freak sp very stable, but is a 65cm wide board that need more concentration. But I guess that the effort is worth it!!!

LOVE IT
Zero 8'5 FSP - Mob 7'2 FSP2X - Freak 9'2 xtr - Rage Panther Ocean 12'6 xtr - Eternity Caribou 8'8
2x carbon pro 7 - carbon pro 8

Luca Rua

Message par Luca Rua » lun. févr. 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Giacomo!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your stoke, we are glad you are enjoying so much your Freak.
Keep on sharing YOUR LOVE. Ciaoooo. Un saluto dalla rappresentanza italiana di GONG.
// GONG STAFF //

Répondre

Revenir à « "Tout savoir sur les planches rigides", les sujets officiels »