The 5 reasons why I hate GONG

Tout ce qui ne rentre dans aucune des autres catégories / All that doesn't fit into any of the others.
CrWingDinger

The 5 reasons why I hate GONG

Message par CrWingDinger » mer. août 18, 2021 11:17 am

1- GONG has the habit of separating me from my money, of course I got a ton of gear over the last year, two boards, three wings, three foil sets and some accessories and I could progress very quickly from a complete beginner with adequate gear for my level.

2- You have to read a lot to understand the program of the items, there is a lot of text in the product description as well as in the forum, with high participation of the people who designed them, there is also a consistent rating of the foils with T-shirt sizes which help you understand the foil size and shape without even looking at them. All this contrasts with other brands that just show cool pics of beautiful young people doing all kinds of cool tricks with the single board, single wing and single foil for all programs, speed, surf, freestyle, beginner… all with one model!

3- There are not many ‘professional’ reviews in the internet about GONG, mostly because GONG does not pay them (in money or gear) to say what they ‘think’ of their products, therefore the only reviews you find are honest reviews of happy customers (hello Heflav) as opposed to others which flood the internet with irrelevantly good feedback.

4- There is no stock! It has been a year now that I have been waiting for this or the other item to arrive. The website doesn’t allow you to buy items which have not even been manufactured yet and therefore there is no way to know when they will be available, but once they are available they say exactly when they will arrive according to the transport company, if there is a delay you immediately know the new timelines so it is predictable to know when the items will arrive. If there is any question you can ask support or the forum and get an update. I hope other guys reading this will stop buying from GONG so I can enjoy a better stock for myself...

5- GONG has a say somewhere in the forum that they want to make you happy 2 hours a week. Well since I started buying GONG I can confirm that is not true, their lightwind program allows you to start winging with as low as 10 knots for a guy like me who weighs 90kg (actually during the last weeks I weight less…) and since they have a wide range of compatible foils and wings it is easy (and relatively cheap) to have dedicated gear for lightwind and easily changing it when the wind picks up, therefore it is easy to stay in the water for more than 2 hours a day! in almost any spot I visited.

Now it is clear why I ‘hate’ GONG and why I will keep buying from them, keep going guys you are doing a good job!
I’m going to check the shop to see if there is anything else I need for my winging….
(French answers are accepted since google translate works very well)
Hipe 5'3" + Lethal 4'10"
Droid 6 + Neutra 4
Veloce XLT + Curve LT
85Kg, -8kg since winging

hecub

Re: The 5 reasons why I hate GONG

Message par hecub » mer. août 18, 2021 11:58 am

I would suggest you look for a rehab to free you from your Gong addiction :mrgreen: :twisted:

I can tell it's really hard to achieve it without external help :D
Surf: Lethal foil 4'6
Wing: Droïd 6-5 - Neutra 4, Cruzader Diamond 6'0
Foil: Sirus XXL - XL - L, Curve H XL - L - M
YouTube

CyTo

Message par CyTo » ven. août 20, 2021 9:47 am

It's true that spending a few hours to search and find information about the quiver to better choose is a real luxury, because you buy with full knowledge of the facts.
(If google translation works, deepl.com works even better ;) )
CyTo Ambassadeur
Unik 9/Strutwave 11/Carbon Mast 85/Allvator 69Pro M/Stab Fast45+Catch FSP 2X 4'4
Neutra 3.5+4.5+5.5/LethalPro120/ CarbonMast HM 85/Curve H1300+H1100/Stab Fluid H45
Cloud WCKF 8'6/NFA PRO 9XL/CM10'6/Pagaies Carbon Pro 7+8+Alu

CrWingDinger

Message par CrWingDinger » lun. sept. 20, 2021 12:01 pm

This weekend I found another reason, I did not have my Droid 6 available and there were 11 knots of thermal wind. With a ton of effort I could make my 87kg of meat and bone to fly over a hipe 5'3" V1 and Veloce XLT with a Neutra 4, I was immensely happy 8) for a while, it is easier to have no errors with that combination of gear and flat water.

Someone at the beach lent me a 5m of one of the 'top' brands (that shall remain anonymous) which is priced at x1.4 the price of the neutra, and it took me the same or more effort to start flying! While flying the sensation was similar so what is the point....

I was considering buying the wing I tested because 60% of the wings I see in the beach are this one, but honestly I think people are missing out by not testing other brands, not necessarily Gong, but also Gong... anyway let hate more Gong for number 1- GONG has the habit of separating me from my money... I want a 5m now, which one to choose..... :roll:
Hipe 5'3" + Lethal 4'10"
Droid 6 + Neutra 4
Veloce XLT + Curve LT
85Kg, -8kg since winging

Répondre

Revenir à « Libre tribune / Off topic »