First time flying the Syrus Wing

Tout pour bien débuter / All you need for your first steps
zrylux

First time flying the Syrus Wing

Message par zrylux » sam. mai 20, 2023 9:19 pm

I have not found any post about Syrus wings, so I will start this one.

I have received my Crusader 7.0 material and Syrus 186 xxl wing to make flights starting in completely flat sea. I must say that I am 1'71m tall and weigh 67Kgs. I consider myself a fit person and capable of flying this foil with intense cardio and explosive muscle congestion.

I have mounted the material with the foil in the middle position of the rails and at the first attempt it has been impossible to make it fly. I used brute force instead of technique. I felt it starting to take off from the water but 3 more paddles and my heart comes out of my mouth.

After 6 or 7 attempts I must say that this has started to improve significantly and I have achieved some flights of a few seconds.
During the 2nd and 3rd session on the following days I have seen that technique is more important than strength. I can fly with half the effort of the 1st day. (I must say that my whole body hurts from so much explosive exercise).

Once up, the behavior is totally different from my experience with sup foil with waves or with the wing. Nothing like before. Paddling and pumping is much slower and longer with a higher cadence. It's like flying an Airbus380 instead of a small plane but from what little I've flown I see that it can turn with some ease.

On the other hand, I must say that a lot of balance is needed to stay on top of the board, static and without paddling with a slightly choppy sea. I have more than 7 years of experience in sup racing with 21" boards. Honestly, I thought it would be easier.

Once in flight, after 3 sessions, it is difficult for me to maintain balance in the air and direct the foil at will. I think the biggest problem I have is that I cannot direct the nose of the board down with my weight even though I have the foil mast as far back as possible so that it has less lift. For now, I am enjoying my sessions like a little kid when I received my first allvator foil a few years ago.

In light of all this, I would like to ask for some advice from other users and opinions here.

Finally, what is the real purpose of this wing? To make long flat trips? or a downwind with small waves? It's hard for me to imagine flying flat just by pumping for more than 3 minutes but I want to get the most out of it during this summer.

Perhaps Patrice and his team are the ones who can answer these questions since it is a very new wing.

Thank you very much and good sessions!"

MDUGONG

Re: First time flying the Syrus Wing

Message par MDUGONG » lun. mai 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello,

Tu trouveras des retours utilisateurs sur la page SIRUS du forum = viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15614&hilit=sirus

Merci

Répondre

Revenir à « FOIL : Premiers pas / First steps »