Why is GONG not in the magazine tests?

Tout ce qui concerne le GONG shop / All about the GONG shop.
ROH

Why is GONG not in the magazine tests?

Message par ROH » lun. déc. 19, 2022 3:37 pm

Why is GONG not in the magazine tests? I mean the German SURF or so, also on the web it is hard to find reviews or test of GONG material while I think it will do very well compared to gear of other brands.

gaby

Re: Why is GONG not in the magazine tests?

Message par gaby » lun. déc. 19, 2022 4:06 pm

Hello,

Problems with test in most of the magazines (paper or on-line) is that if you don't spend money in publicity and don't send full of equipment ( and you never know if they will send it back to you...) then they won't treat you like the others!

Many online reviewer directly ask a price to be able to make any feedback and of course if you don't want to pay the full service...

Then it is like the rest of the marketing business, you need to have a budget every year for that!

So between paying my gear more expensive to be able to read a somehow biased review and buying cheaper equipment reading only riders feedback on internet that have paied for their stuff... I made my choice many years ago ;)

hecub

Message par hecub » lun. déc. 19, 2022 6:15 pm

Patrice says he is opposed to paid reviews or reviews by companies/people funded by GONG or competitors (directly or by ads) : it greatly reduces the candidates (there was one, https://supboardermag.com/, if I recall correctly, that was not funded by ads and bought a few GONG sups to test).
Surf: Lethal foil 4'6
Wing: Droïd 6-5 - Neutra 4, Cruzader Diamond 6'0
Foil: Sirus XXL - XL - L, Curve H XL - L - M
YouTube

coolas

Message par coolas » lun. déc. 19, 2022 6:36 pm

ROH a écrit :
lun. déc. 19, 2022 3:37 pm
Why is GONG not in the magazine tests? I mean the German SURF or so, also on the web it is hard to find reviews or test of GONG material while I think it will do very well compared to gear of other brands.
You have a whole discussion on this topic in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4512
In French, but a DeepL or Google translate of Patrice message should enlighten you: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4512#p67725

Basically some magazines will demand that the manufacturer pay an ad in the mag to be well rated in the test.
Patrice criticizes the hypocrisy of these media that pretend to be neutral.
He doesn't object to tests by media that do not ask for hidden bribes. He did not object to Supboarder tests for instance.
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

Répondre

Revenir à « Le shop GONG »