Hi!

Se présenter et les règles et astuces du forum / To be known and to read the rules of this forum.
Stew

Hi!

Message par Stew » mer. juin 05, 2019 3:55 pm

A quick hello! I've started a different topic but thought I should do a quick hello as well!

I'm in England and live in a town that is about as far from the sea as you can get in any direction!

I love to SUP and have been playing on boards for 4 years (I think!)

My first board was a home made hollow wood board. Heavy and unstable but it had a good amount of use before it ended up getting waterlogged too many times and my arms didn't want to carry it any more. I still have it down the side of a shed and now I can surf, I may get it back out again.

I have made a second hollow wood board but a surfboard this time - it doesn't get used as much because SUP is a bigger interest and more versatile. I am working on another surfboard to fill time when bored or stressed. I would like to play at a foam SUP one day.

The second SUP I purchased was an inflatable as it's much easier to store but then I bought a hardboard as it's better to surf it.

The wife thinks I have too many boards but she likes to come out for a paddle too. I have two kids and one is a definite water boy. I am sure one day he could be a water man! My daughter likes to paddle some days but other days she likes to be a passenger - well, why not I suppose! I have a dog who loves the water but is scared of waves. She gets put on a board on occasion and has made me swim more times than I should. She has now left her mark on the inflatable board's deckpad with claw marks on it when the board tipped on it's side and she wanted to hold on tight. :D

Revenir à « Bienvenue / Welcome »